The 财政援助办公室 is here to help you bridge the gap between your family contribution and the cost of your educational expenses. Understanding the types of aid available, 贷款如何运作, and how to manage your costs can be a daunting experience to students and their families. The good news is nearly all 资本 students receive some financial assistance.
We’ll help you learn what you need to do to apply for financial aid. Keep in mind filing early will generally provide you with the greatest access to all types of financial assistance. Look over our timeline for applications and decisions to know when you need to start planning your college finances.
资本 works with each student and family to make their higher education experience as accessible as possible. There are a number of payment strategies for meeting remaining costs at 资本:
- 资本薪酬计划 – Interest-free monthly payment option.
- 年两次选择 – You can split your cost in half and pay in two installments before the start of each semester.
- 直系家长PLUS贷款 – Borrowing additional funds with a fixed interest rate and no collateral.
- 另类教育贷款 – Financial institutions also provide student loans. Payment on most can be deferred until after college graduation.
- 计划组合 – Many students choose to combine payment plans.
Keep in mind filing early will generally provide you with the greatest access to all types of financial assistance. Look over our timeline for applications and decisions to know when you need to start planning your college finances.
- 申请FSA ID 与美国在线.S. 教育部. This will be used to complete all federally related steps in the financial aid process, including the FAFSA and accessing loan history once you have graduated.
- 完成FAFSA online before March 1 to be considered for all federal, state and 威尼斯人平台 assistance.
- Once we get the results of your FAFSA, we review the information and determine if we must complete the 验证过程.
- Complete Entrance Counseling for Federal Loans
Students receiving Federal Direct loans must complete loan entrance counseling online to ensure that you understand the conditions of your loan before you accept the funds.
Not only is this step required by the 教育部, but we believe it is an essential step in understanding what it means to be a student loan borrower. This process only needs to be completed once and thoroughly helps you assess your need for student loans.
- Sign a Master Promissory Note if you are a first time Federal Direct loan borrower. This Note is your pledge to repay your student loans.
If you have a Federal Direct loan, you can electronically sign the Master Promissory Note at Student援助.政府.
Please note the data in the net price calculator reflect institutional aid awarded in previous years. The new data that informs institutional aid awarded in this year will be updated later this fall. If you have questions about your financial award, the net price calculator or anything else related to admission, financial aid or affording 资本, please contact your admission counselor.
The Financial 援助 Office is located on the first floor of Yochum Hall. If students have any questions about their Financial 援助 Award, they can visit the office or call 614-236-6511 (or toll free: 1-866-544-6175).
学生应该使用 myCap to view the following information:
- Financial 援助 required documents needed
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
The Student Accounts Office can answer questions about the 资本 Payment Plan, 年两次选择, 或组合计划.
父母 can be added as a Proxy User in myCap to view bill statements, make payments, and view awarded financial aid.
威尼斯人平台 is required by federal law to conduct quality assurance and verification of selected students’ financial aid. Get more information about the federal quality assurance and verification process.